Serialization woes

Robert Jacques sandford at jhu.edu
Wed Apr 18 17:00:33 PDT 2012

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 10:05:57 -0500, Andrej Mitrovic <andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/18/12, Robert Jacques <sandford at jhu.edu> wrote:
>> here are some results for your benchmark on
>> my own serializers:
>>
>> JSON serialize: 0.331831 s
>> JSON deserialize: 0.243893 s
>
> Hey Robert, I was trying out your JSON library a while ago ago (I
> didn't find a repository but just a newsgroup link to the sources),
> and the library seemed to be missing the JSON.to! template, even
> though it was documented. Maybe you have a link to the newer sources?
> Thanks.

Thank you. Sorry, the example code got stale. When I switched to using a Variant for JSON, the to! moved into Variant. So the documentation example should read:

Json     json = JSON.parse( "[1,2,3]" );    // Parse an input range
MyStruct var  = json.to!MyStruct();         // De-serialize a type
          json = JSON.from(var);             // Serialize a type

enforce(JSON.isValid(json));                // Validate the serialization
write("var.json", JSON.toStringHR(json));   // Write in a "pretty" format

json = JSON.parse( "{x:1,y:2,z:3}" );
assert( json.x + json.y == 3 );             // Perform operations on a Json