D Compiler as a Library

Roman D. Boiko rb at d-coding.com
Thu Apr 19 03:15:35 PDT 2012

On Thursday, 19 April 2012 at 09:58:52 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> "David Nadlinger" <see at klickverbot.at> wrote in message
> news:voymctvtskltfzhslhkp at forum.dlang.org...
>> On Monday, 16 April 2012 at 11:57:29 UTC, Bernard Helyer wrote:
>>> Oh god, what did we decide on? Boost?
>>
>> Imho, MIT is just fine for a compiler. It's not like a line of
>> attribution is much to ask when you are getting an entire
>> compiler fronend for free - in fact, applications should
>> probably mention the compiler frontend they use in the docs
>> anyway in case there are incompatibilities, .
>>

> There's no attribution in MIT.

Yes, there is no attribution:
https://github.com/roman-d-boiko/SDC/blob/master/LICENCE. It is
very similar to Boost. Actually, I prefer Boost only because it
is slightly more popular and because the D standard library uses
it. I'm perfectly happy with MIT, though, and already cloned SDC
:)

Just interested about motivation behind choosing MIT.