Let's give a honor to dead giants!

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Thu Apr 19 22:13:23 PDT 2012

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 12:55:56PM +0800, Ary Manzana wrote:
> On 4/20/12 11:34 AM, H. S. Teoh wrote:
[...]
> >One thing I miss, though, is ctags support for D. You don't know how
> >powerful such a simple concept is; it lets you navigate 50,000-line
> >source files without even batting an eyelid.  :-) (Just try that in
> >an IDE, and you'll soon get an aneurism from trying to scroll with a
> >1-pixel high scrollbar...)
>
> How do you implement ctags for a language? I know there is one for
> Ruby. What's the difficulty of making one for D?

I've no idea, to be honest. Never done it before. I just use it for
C/C++ code at work, and it works wonders. Makes code *soooo* much easier
to find, esp. in a very large project with many developers. (Finding
code without tags in large projects is just so painful and slow that
nobody should have to suffer it.)

Why have vacation when you can work?? -- EC