[off-topic] Sony releases PS Vita SDK

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Fri Apr 20 03:20:27 PDT 2012

"Paulo Pinto" <pjmlp at progtools.org> wrote in message
news:jmr0j7$1h5g$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Well, C# can also be real systems programming language, see Singularity.
> And native code compilers are also available (Bartok, Mono AOT, NGEN).

Even so, the C# language itself can't really handle many
native/systems-level tasks. For example, while I've heard that it's
technically possible to reinterpret-cast a piece of memory, actually doing
it involves some dark obscure corner of the API.

At least it actually has pointers though, unline a certain other flagship VM
language...

> D names itself a system programming language, but I am yet to see any OS
> coded on it. Without system programming examples, it becomes just another
> application level language.

Many people would argue that systems-langauge doesn't necessarily mean "OS
written in it". Not that I intend to nit-pick the point: Just FWIW.