Windows: Throwing Exceptions from Fibers in D2.059: Access Violation

Andrew Lauritzen andrew.lauritzen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 10:59:00 PDT 2012

On Friday, 20 April 2012 at 17:49:52 UTC, Sean Kelly wrote:
> There wouldn't me much of a performance hit, mostly an
> additional allocation and a bitcopy when creating a Fiber.
> It's more that making this work on platforms with built-in TLS
> could be quite tricky.
Note that this would somewhat sabotage their usefulness as
coroutines, depending on how it was implemented. That's not to
say the idea isn't good (but I'd frame it more like "tasks"; see
Thread Building Blocks or similar), but fibers/coroutines as they
stand now are useful so I'd hate to see that capability lost.