[off-topic] Sony releases PS Vita SDK

so so at so.so
Sat Apr 21 01:49:12 PDT 2012

On Friday, 20 April 2012 at 12:30:19 UTC, SomeDude wrote:

> What I don't get is why no large software company is backing up
> D right now. It's quite clear by now that D is by far the
> language that has the best feature set to be the successor to
> C++.

Answer is i think quite simple. How many C++ developers do you
think use templates more than like "<T>min(Ta){ reuturn a<b?a:b
}"? I don't believe it is more than 5%. We first need to show how
powerfull and accessible templates/ctfe in D. We need to stop
saying "D does templates better than C++". This is huge
underestimation. By stating it this way we are just targetting
like 1% of the C++ audience. We need to teach people how to do
templates. Starting with Boost community. If D can't absorb Boost
community. There is no hope in neither D nor Boost, we should
just stop!