Let's give a honor to dead giants!

Brian Schott briancschott at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 10:46:16 PDT 2012

On Saturday, 21 April 2012 at 15:15:42 UTC, Roman D. Boiko wrote:
> KISS in action. There is a lot to learn from.

KISS is one of my guiding principles on this project. The
learning may be in the other direction though. One of the reasons
that I started this project was to learn about how to implement
tokenizers and parsers.

> Some questions:
> * Are there any plans for semantic analysis?
> * Is it possible to change license to Boost?
> * Do you accept contributons?

* Only enough to get autocomplete working properly in most cases
* Yeah. I set it to MIT mostly out of habit back before the
discussion of compiler library licenses.
* Github! (yes)

The only thing that I see anyone re-using is the tokenizer. It's
the result of at least one redesign and several runs though
callgrind and avgtime . I'm fairly confident that it's fast. The
"parser" is rather dilberatly stupid since the goal is to get
enough information for summaries and autocomplete.