GTK and D

Mike Wey mike-wey at example.com
Sun Apr 22 07:32:51 PDT 2012

On 04/22/2012 04:51 AM, Russel Winder wrote:
> I guess a heads up for folk working on D bindings to GTK+:
>
> http://www.gtk.org/language-bindings.php
>
> Indicates D has bindings to 2.12, 2.14, 2.16, 2.18, 2.20 and 2.22, but
> not 2.24 and, most problematically, not 3.0.

Git/svn currently binds GTK 2.24.
But 3.0 and up is indeed not supported jet.

> The link from this page points at:
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/gtkd. (It is interestingly ironic that
> this tells Linux users to have the latest GTK+ libraries installed given
> the data from the previous paragraph ;-)

Up untill the GTK 3.0 release using GtkD with an newer release didn't
cause any problems, i've changed it to latest 2.x release.

> On the other hand it seems that https://github.com/gtkd-developers/GtkD
> is the actual home, but I am not sure there is a reference to this on
> the dsource page.

Both pages are up to date.

> Being a Debian user I was interested in https://code.google.com/p/d-apt/
> but it seems the instructions for using this break since
> http://d-apt.googlecode.com/files results in a 404.  Also I am assuming
> it is an oversight that Tango-D2 is packaged but Phobos is not?

While you can't view the directory with a browser, all the needed files
are accessible.

And i think Phobos is in the dmd package.

--
Mike Wey