GTK and D

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sun Apr 22 08:45:07 PDT 2012

Mike,

On Sun, 2012-04-22 at 16:32 +0200, Mike Wey wrote:
[...]
> Git/svn currently binds GTK 2.24.
> But 3.0 and up is indeed not supported jet.

OK.  For now I'll stick with PyGObject, and the dreaded gtkmm.

[...]
> Up untill the GTK 3.0 release using GtkD with an newer release didn't
> cause any problems, i've changed it to latest 2.x release.

Good to know. Might be worth changing the website to say GTK 2.2x is
supported rather than 2.22?

[...]
> Both pages are up to date.

Perhaps add some cross-referencing to make it clear the pages are about
the same stuff?

[...]
> While you can't view the directory with a browser, all the needed files
> are accessible.

What is the way of checking  access if not via a browser?  Using the
source.list entry:

deb http://d-apt.googlecode.com/files ./

I get the result:

Failed to fetch http://d-apt.googlecode.com/files/./Packages  404  Not
Found

> And i think Phobos is in the dmd package.

OK, that'll work for me as soon as I can get at the packages with
aptitude and approx.

Thanks.

--
Russel.