Random D geekout

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Sun Apr 22 14:52:19 PDT 2012

On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 12:31:16PM +0200, SomeDude wrote:
> On Saturday, 21 April 2012 at 14:40:00 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
[...]
> >Hmph. I should've checked dmd memory usage when I wrote that. :-(
> >
> >But anyway, even on my souped up AMD hexacore system, the ctRegex
> >version takes significantly longer to compile than the non-ctRegex
> >version. Perhaps I should just avoid ctRegex for now (though it *is*
> >an ultracool feature of std.regex).
>
> Well, the big problem is, even if I fall back to runtime regex, I
> can't compile anymore on a Windows box with 2Gb of RAM. It's hard to
> swallow...

It's my fault. I really should be using module globals for those
regexes, and a module ctor (static this) for initializing them.

It would be nice if the CTFE implementation was improved, though.  CTFE
is one of the big major features of D that I really liked.

But speaking of which, are you using the latest version of dmd? 'cos I
think recently there were some CTFE efficiency issues that got fixed.

"How are you doing?" "Doing what?"