Alias Expressions

Timon Gehr timon.gehr at gmx.ch
Mon Apr 23 11:02:23 PDT 2012

On 04/23/2012 05:17 AM, Xinok wrote:
> I know this has probably been asked for a hundred times before, but I
> don't understand why D doesn't support this. Template alias parameters
> can accept nearly anything as an argument that standard aliases don't. I
> think standard aliases should be equally as powerful as their template
> counterpart.

Note that standard aliases and template aliases have an overlapping set
of features but both support some aliasees that the other one does not.
(So no one is strictly more powerful than the other.) I really think
this should be fixed, but Walter has never discussed the point when this
issue was brought up in the past.