GTK and D

Jordi Sayol g.sayol at yahoo.es
Mon Apr 23 12:06:57 PDT 2012

On Sunday, 22 April 2012 at 02:51:29 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:

> Being a Debian user I was interested in
> https://code.google.com/p/d-apt/
> but it seems the instructions for using this break since
> http://d-apt.googlecode.com/files results in a 404.

This is a correct behaviour. If you want to list all files in
d-apt use this link:
https://code.google.com/p/d-apt/downloads/list

Otherwise, if you want to include d-apt as an apt server, just
add the line (without additional dots):

deb http://d-apt.googlecode.com/files /

at the file:

/etc/apt/sources.list

> Also I am assuming it is an oversight that Tango-D2 is
> packaged but Phobos is not?

This is not correct. As phobos is the standard d library, it's
included into the dmd package, so there are both phobos and tango
libraries available on d-apt server.
If you install tango package, you'll able to compile this code:

file: test.d
---
import tango.io.Stdout;
import std.stdio;

void main()
{
	Stdout("hello with tango!").newline;
	writeln("hello with phobos!");
}
---
$ dmd `pkg-config --cflags --libs tango` -run test.d

About packages on d-apt. I understand that dmd package can be
split into two or more packages (compiler, druntime, phobos
library with headers, help, etc.).
This is the initial apt version, and there is a long way to walk.

Best regards,