GTK and D

Jordi Sayol g.sayol at yahoo.es
Mon Apr 23 12:28:14 PDT 2012

On Sunday, 22 April 2012 at 18:32:09 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> Mike,
>
> On Sun, 2012-04-22 at 20:07 +0200, Mike Wey wrote:
> [...]
>> Odd trying to download
>> http://d-apt.googlecode.com/files/./Packages with a browser or
>> wget completes without any errors.

http://d-apt.googlecode.com/files/./Packages
in unix-like system is same than:
http://d-apt.googlecode.com/files/Packages

> Hummm... here too. Perhaps browser and wget look for Packages
> and then
> Packages.txt whereas aptitude/apt-get do not? I note that the
> Debian
> repositories have Package.gz not Package.txt, might this be
> indicative
> that plain text  should be Packages? This is certainly the
> filename I
> use on my personal deb repository.

On d-apt server there are 4 control files:

Packages
    (text plain file containing data about all deb packages)

Packages.gz
    (Packages file compressed)

Release
    (contains several checksums of Packages and Packages.gz files)

Release.gpg
    (Release signed with d-apt key. verifiable with public key on
d-apt-keyring)

In an standard apt server there are more control files, but these
four are the basic to make the d-apt server to work.

Best regards,