John-Carmack quotes the D programming language

SomeDude lovelydear at mailmetrash.com
Fri Apr 27 05:10:27 PDT 2012

On Friday, 27 April 2012 at 08:21:07 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> "Guillaume Chatelet" <chatelet.guillaume at gmail.com> wrote in
> message
> news:llzwwxmdgnwydqcyfznn at forum.dlang.org...
>>A very good article by John-Carmack about purity
>>
>> http://www.altdevblogaday.com/2012/04/26/functional-programming-in-c/
>
> Yea, that is good.
>
> Sometimes I agree with Carmack, and sometimes I don't, but he's
> always
> fascinating to listen to, and I'm always impressed by his
> intelligence and
> clairity-of-thought on complex matters.

Plus, he is extremely down to earth when tackling problems. He
has been rather conservative when coming to programming
languages, so if he talks about issues like purity, he probably
has studied and practiced them well enough to feel authorized to
talk about them. And I bet he started to look at it because of he
need for multithreaded programming.