Cairo Deimos bindings

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Fri Apr 27 08:34:50 PDT 2012

Am Fri, 27 Apr 2012 13:26:49 +0200
schrieb "David Nadlinger" <see at klickverbot.at>:

> On Friday, 27 April 2012 at 11:09:41 UTC, James Miller wrote:
> > It is a binding. There are some very minor cosmetic changes that
> > will be detailed, but otherwise you can just copy-paste a C
> > example into D, make it D-compatible and it will work as
> > intended.
>
> It depends on how minor the changes are, but generally please
> refrain from making »cosmetic« changes to the C API. Deimos
> bindings should be the verbatim headers translated to D, and just
> that (this also means that importing them never requires an
> additional compilation unit to be linked in) – anything else is
> better left to wrapper projects.
>
> David

I think it is understood and he was referring to renaming the enum members, for which you have to write different code when using them in D anyway:

In C:
STATUS_SUCCESS

In D unmodified:
cairo_status_t.STATUS_SUCCESS

In D with cosmetic changes:
cairo_status_t.SUCCESS

It doesn't change the semantics or add code. It could just as well be a Deimos coding standard.

--
Marco