Designing a consistent language is *very* hard

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 04:11:06 PDT 2012

Le 28/04/2012 11:27, Nick Sabalausky a écrit :
> "Guillaume Chatelet"<chatelet.guillaume at gmail.com>  wrote in message
> news:vwpzirpppabcgylmvpsx at forum.dlang.org...
>> Sorry for the noise but I think a few language designer out there might
>> like this one :
>> http://me.veekun.com/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/
>>

> "PHP: a fractal of bad design" is the absolute most perfect summary of PHP
> anyone could ever possibly make. It is the world's worst still-living
> non-joke language, period.

Please note that Rasmus Ledorf stated many time that He « don't know how
to design a programming language », « never intended to create a
funniest one « don't how to stop it » it being the success of PHP.

Back on the article, the author is wrong when stating that it isn't
possible to run several different versions of PHP on the same server.
This is possible, I did it several times and for big websites.