Does D have too many features?

SomeDude lovelydear at mailmetrash.com
Sat Apr 28 13:05:29 PDT 2012

On Saturday, 28 April 2012 at 19:21:51 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> "Walter Bright" <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote in message
>
> - Version blocks: They should be replaced with something that
> utilizes
> "static if".

Version could be replaced with "static if", but I like them, it
makes code more readable, so I don't think they should go. We
don't want to have a "static if hell", where templating code is
mixed with version configuration. I think the version keyword is
very good.

I think instead of thinking about removing features, the more
important thing is polishing the existing ones so that they work
properly.

D is a big language because it tries to span a broad range of
uses. Removing complexity from the core language often means
adding complexity in the user code, and that's what we don't want.