Does D have too many features?

Francois Chabot francois.chabot.dev at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 19:57:50 PDT 2012

> What's your list?

- The is expressions are confusing as hell, and it seems to me
that it's serving a purpose that should be handled by __traits
(which has its own set of issues in my mind, but is a solid idea)

- On the subject, as much as I love __traits(), its dumping
grounds nature is problematic. It should be limited to accessing
traits of types, or changed to a more representative name. It's
not redundant or anything, but is prone to bloating by its design.

- I am on the version hate boat. To me, it's redundant with
static if().

- as many have said, the comma operator is problematic by nature
and should probably go.

I haven't been into D for very long, so I'll probably run into
more stuff eventually, but that's what comes off the top of my
head...