Does D have too many features?

Tove tove at fransson.se
Sun Apr 29 03:16:27 PDT 2012

On Saturday, 28 April 2012 at 18:48:18 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> Andrei and I had a fun discussion last night about this
> question. The idea was which features in D are redundant and/or
> do not add significant value?
>
> A couple already agreed upon ones are typedef and the cfloat,
> cdouble and creal types.
>
> What's your list?

garbage collector
*duck and run*

The point I'm trying to make is... normally I would use around
4-5 different languages depending on _what_ problem I'm currently
solving... occasionally even languages I'm not particularly
proficient with, just because a language might have an edge in a
certain domain... however 'D' basically is good enough at
"everything"... with some few exceptions.

So what one person considers redundant, is integral to someone
else with a different background... no, D doesn't have too many
features.