Does D have too many features?

SomeDude lovelydear at mailmetrash.com
Sun Apr 29 10:09:00 PDT 2012

On Sunday, 29 April 2012 at 09:52:21 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:
> On Saturday, 28 April 2012 at 21:12:39 UTC, SomeDude wrote:
>> […] And this opinion doesn't come just out of thin air, I
>> speak from my own professional experience.
>
> Regardless of the fact that I tend to agree with you on this
> one, isn't »my own professional experience« usually a synonym
> for »thin air«? ;)
>
> David

Well yes and no. It's the difference between "I think that", and
"I've experienced in real projects that". And well, discussing in
another forum, I've had other similar echos and experiences.
Basically, with Python and other dynamically typed languages, the
time you gain writing code, you lose testing it and correcting
bugs that a compiler would have found for you.