Does D have too many features?

Era Scarecrow rtcvb32 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 30 11:09:31 PDT 2012

On Monday, 30 April 2012 at 17:13:36 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 01:04:01PM -0400, Jonathan M Davis It
> would be unwise to make major changes to the language at this
> point.
> Personally I'd like to see the comma operator removed, but
> people keep
> saying it will break existing code, so that's probably not
> going to
> happen in D2. D3 perhaps will be able to clean up a lot of this
> mess.

  Then perhaps the comma operator can be pushed to the
'depreciated' list for a while; If it breaks anything big and
important, you can still compile it. After a while we can see if
it should be kept or removed. I think that's the best approach
all things considered.

  Personally, I have yet to really use it outside of a for/foreach
statement. On the other hand if it breaks something, generally it
will become quite clear where in few the few places and require
you to fix and update it before moving on.