Does D have too many features?

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 12:08:38 PDT 2012

On 4/30/12, SomeDude <lovelydear at mailmetrash.com> wrote:
> I'd like to have a bit of an idea of how
> fast the compilers really are.

Personally my gripe with compilation times is that I get very used to
having fast build times where I can go through an edit+compile+run
cycle really fast, but after a while build times get slower
(especially when templates get in the mix) and this really throws me
off. Sometimes I wish I could just interpret D code at runtime just to
save on compilation time, because I might just be testing the
semantics of code and not necessarily its performance at a time.