Is it possible to build DMD using Windows SDK?

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Mon Apr 30 12:53:10 PDT 2012

On 4/30/2012 4:25 AM, Andre Tampubolon wrote:
> On 4/28/2012 9:01 PM, Rainer Schuetze wrote:

>>> Well I used vcbuild\builddmd.bat (see my first post), and it failed.
>>
>> You have to use vcbuild\builddmd.bat with the older win32.mak. I
>> actually tried it and it worked for me a few days ago with the compiler
>> that comes with VS2008.
>
> Ah, OK. I guess I messed with the batch files up, and then I tried once
> again. The compilation worked, but then I got these linker errors.
> http://pastebin.com/Ech3RNLV

It seems you are building with the x64-compiler. The win32.mak makefile
only supports Win32 builds, so please switch your path variable to point
to the 32-bit compiler.

The VS project supports building an x64 executable of dmd, but it
involves assembling vcbuild\ldfpu.asm. The resulting dmd still generates
Win32-code, though.