Does D have too many features?

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Mon Apr 30 12:54:41 PDT 2012

On 4/29/2012 5:26 AM, David Nadlinger wrote:
> - Anonymous nested classes: They might be useful in Java, particularly in older
> incarnations, but not so much in D – never used them.

I don't like them, either, but they were put in at the recommendation of people
who were porting large piles of Java code to D. It made semi-mechanical
translation much more feasible.

Using them for any other purpose is likely a bad idea, as the only reason they
exist in Java is as a kludge to work around limitations in Java.