Does D have too many features?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Mon Apr 30 17:42:38 PDT 2012

On Tuesday, May 01, 2012 01:30:11 Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> On 5/1/12, Timon Gehr <timon.gehr at gmx.ch> wrote:
> >>
> >> Uhmm I hope not,
> >
> > Then what is the point of D3?
>
> An incremental improvement with as little code breakage as possible?
> You can't even properly mix D1 and D2 code in the same library right
> now without resorting to using mixin() tricks.

But you could do that without creating a D3. Once the implemnetation has
stabilized, it should be possible to add new features to D2 as long as they're
backwards compatible (e.g. adding user-defined attributes). The only reason to
create D3 would be if we wanted to make changes which _weren't_ backwards
compatible.

- Jonathan M Davis