Incomprehensible compiler errors

FeepingCreature default_357-line at yahoo.de
Wed Aug 1 03:58:06 PDT 2012

On 08/01/12 04:50, Stuart wrote:
> If this kind of abuse is indicative of the "D community", I'll keep my help to myself.

If this kind of response is indicative of the way you deal with mild abrasiveness, you're very very welcome to.

> Perhaps not, but he's certainly lowering my opinion of this forum and its members. I would like to point out AGAIN that my claim of a BSc in Software Engineering was not bragging; but simply a statement that I was not "ignorant" of the general principles of coding and of C/C++. I fail to see why it has immediately earned me large amounts of abuse.

Having a BSc in SE has only tangential connection to being able to write good code.

> While I appreciate the help of some people on here, it seems this forum is populated at least 50% by complete cocks. Also, as it stands, D is NOT USABLE for any serious purpose (such as writing an application); and I'm not prepared to put up with the level of abuse and trolling that's coming my way. You may notice I insulted nobody who didn't insult me first.

I think if you left at this point, it'd make this place better.

> I don't mind a bit of banter and bad language, but I draw the line at personal attacks. Either they stop or I do.

Fine: your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries. Also, farts are had in your approximate area. Please stop now?