What would need to be done to get sdc.lexer to std.lexer quality?

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Thu Aug 2 13:05:05 PDT 2012

On 8/2/2012 12:22 AM, Bernard Helyer wrote:
> Gonna spend some time massaging this into a
> Walter-Approved (tm) lexer. It's got some ways to go.

Thank you. I've got a lot of experience writing lexers and heavily using them
professionally, but I'm still finding ways to make them better - faster - more
encapsulated.

Since std.d.lexer won't be a third party module, but one that comes with a
compiler, it must pass muster as a top quality one and be as good as the one in
the compiler.