@property

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sat Aug 4 19:36:02 PDT 2012

On Sunday, August 05, 2012 04:25:26 Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Sunday, 5 August 2012 at 02:17:18 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> > I think I'd like functions not marked with @property to require
> > the ().
>
> You have the -property switch for breaking piles of perfectly
> good code while enabling no new functionality.
>
> What I'm doing is completely independent of -property: I'm making
> @properties actually work.
>

> And I'm almost there... I just got the struct members working but
> introduced a regression where dmd assert fails.

And I think that the only thing that the -property switch currently gets
_right_ is complaining about non-property functions getting called with
parens. It's very buggy.

Regardless, there are indeed two general issues here:

1. Make @property work in general.

2. Make -property work correctly.

- Jonathan M Davis