build Ldc2 for win xp 32 bit Error

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Mon Aug 6 10:46:39 PDT 2012

On Monday, 6 August 2012 at 15:28:04 UTC, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> Can LDC compile D apps that use Phobos? It says "never tried to
> use
> Phobos" here:
> https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/wiki/Project-Status
>
> Does that apply only for 64bit builds? I'm interested in a
> 32bit build.

This only applies to Windows, which is in general pretty much
uncharted territory. Once in a while, someone (including me)
tries to use it for their own projects and fixes the necessary
stuff, but it has never reached the »supported« status due to
lack of exception support (both 32 bit/64 bit).

Also note that Kai is specifically interested in building LDC
using MSVC. Using MinGW, I was able to get LDC2/Phobos to work on
32 bit Windows pretty straightforwardly some time ago, but again,
there is no exception support yet.

David