Functional programming in D and some reflexion on the () optionality.

Christophe Travert travert at phare.normalesup.org
Mon Aug 6 12:42:22 PDT 2012

Timon Gehr , dans le message (digitalmars.D:174329), a écrit :
> On 08/06/2012 07:20 PM, Christophe Travert wrote:
>>
>> What do you think?
>
> Creating byzantine language rules to cater to unimportant or
> non-existent use cases will slaughter the language.

What exactly do you consider byzantine here, whatever that means?
Implicit cast is an already defined feature. Clarifying the way
parenthesis-less function calls exist by adding a casting rule is making
the langage more simple IMHO, and might improve the current position. Of
course, if your point is that parenthesis-less function calls are
unimportant or non-existent, then I understand your point of view, but
other people seems to think differently.

--
Christophe