The review of std.hash package

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 10:39:47 PDT 2012

	Since the review queue has been mostly silent again I've decided to
jump in and manage the one that's ready to go :)

	Today starts the the review of std.hash package by Johannes Pfau. We go
with the usual cycle of two weeks for review and one week for voting.
Thus review ends on 22th of August, followed by voting that ends on 29th
of August.

std.hash.hash is a new module for Phobos defining an uniform interface
for hashes and checksums. It also provides some useful helper functions
to deal with this new API.

The std.hash package also includes:

	- MD5 implementation deprecating std.md5 (in std.hash.md, adapted from
std.md5);

	- new SHA1 implementation by redstar (in std.hash.sha);

	- CRC32 implementation (in std.hash.crc) based on and deprecating the
crc32 module (that's shipped with phobos but not documented).

It only covers hashes which can process data incrementally (in
smaller buffers as opposed to all data at once).

Code:
https://github.com/jpf91/phobos/tree/newHash/std/hash
https://github.com/jpf91/phobos/compare/master...newHash

Docs: