The review of std.hash package

Ary Manzana ary at esperanto.org.ar
Tue Aug 7 11:31:57 PDT 2012

On 8/7/12 14:39 , Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> Since the review queue has been mostly silent again I've decided to jump
> in and manage the one that's ready to go :)
>
> Today starts the the review of std.hash package by Johannes Pfau. We go
> with the usual cycle of two weeks for review and one week for voting.
> Thus review ends on 22th of August, followed by voting that ends on 29th
> of August.

> std.hash.hash is a new module for Phobos defining an uniform interface
> for hashes and checksums. It also provides some useful helper functions
> to deal with this new API.
>
> The std.hash package also includes:

I think "std.crypto" is a better name for the package. At first I
thought it contained an implementation of a Hash table.

Also note these entries in wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_function
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptographic_hash_function

Your package provides the later, not just any hash functions, but
*crypto*graphic hash functions. :-)

(and yes, I know I'm just discussing the name here, but names *are*
important)