The review of std.hash package

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 12:23:17 PDT 2012

On 07-Aug-12 22:31, Ary Manzana wrote:

> I think "std.crypto" is a better name for the package. At first I
> thought it contained an implementation of a Hash table.

There is  std.container, so unambiguous for me.
As for std.crypto it's been discussed to death before. Short answer -
no, because it's assumed to include other useful hash functions (like
crc32, later I expect adler and whatnot).

Also keep in mind that cryptographic hash is more of a status then
permanent property. Now that md5 was cracked, it is typically used only
as normal hash (e.g. checksum). Same thing would one day happen to SHA
family.

--
Dmitry Olshansky