The review of std.hash package

Johannes Pfau nospam at example.com
Wed Aug 8 01:44:43 PDT 2012

Am Tue, 07 Aug 2012 17:39:15 -0700
schrieb Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com>:

> On 8/7/2012 10:39 AM, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> > std.hash.hash is a new module for Phobos defining an uniform
> > interface for hashes and checksums. It also provides some useful
> > helper functions to deal with this new API.
>
> The hash functions must use a Range interface, not a file interface.
>
> This is extremely important.

I guess this is meant as a general statement and not specifically
targeted at my std.hash proposal?

I'm a little confused as all hashes already are OutputRanges in my
proposal. It's probably not explicit enough in the documentation, but
it's mentioned in one example and in the documentation for 'put';