The review of std.hash package

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed Aug 8 16:14:50 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, August 08, 2012 18:47:04 Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> > I say just keep at simple and leave it at std.hash. It's plenty clear
> > IMHO.
>
> Not clear to quite a few of us. IMHO it just makes us seem (to the
> larger community) clever about a petty point. There's plenty of other
> better names, and std.digest is very adequate.

I prefer std.hash to std.digest, but I don't necessarily care all that much.
What I was objecting to in particular was the suggestion to split it into
std.hash.digest and std.hash.func. I think that all of the hashing algorithms
should just go in the one package. Adding another layer is an unnecessary
complication IMHO.

- Jonathan M Davis