Is D Language mature for MMORPG Client ?

Matt webwraith at fastmail.fm
Thu Aug 9 19:47:12 PDT 2012

Jeeze, guys, OT? The OP didn't ask about ADA, or exploding
rockets. I, personally, would think that D is perfectly capable
of handling a MMORPG client, as it has proven to be very capable
of pretty much all the tasks required. Derelict is your friend
here, I'd wager, allowing you access to libraries such as SDL,
OpenGL (should you go onto a 3D client, maybe for a later game),
sound libraries and more, while multi-threading and timing are
handled just fine by Phobos, as are file manipulations which
includes ZIP archives, and memory-mapped files