Is D Language mature for MMORPG Client ?

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Fri Aug 10 15:50:37 PDT 2012

On Friday, 10 August 2012 at 18:37:14 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 8/10/2012 2:51 AM, jack wrote:
>> On Friday, 10 August 2012 at 08:38:18 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>>>
>>> It's all in C.
>>
>> Nope, at some place of the compilation there is some
>> intermediate C code, yes,
>> but the stuff the developers wrote is not C.
>
> According to this, it's C:
>
> http://programmers.stackexchange.com/questions/159637/what-is-the-mars-curiosity-rovers-software-built-in/159638#159638?

If you cared to follow the discussion up to the JPL documents, you
would see that the majority of C code is actually generated via
Python.

As for the remaining handwritten part, it follows the JPL strict
C coding standard, which is an extension of MISRA C, with so many
restrictions that
it kind of turns C into a Pascal like language.

--
Paulo