MPI Concurrency library update?

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 10 17:24:39 PDT 2012

On Friday, 10 August 2012 at 23:40:43 UTC, Andrew Spott wrote:
> A while ago, (August of last year I think), there was talk about
> a MPI wrapper for D.  Has there been any update on that?

I was considering writing one, but I wanted it to be high-level
and easy-to-use.  I ended up not doing it, initially because I
was waiting for serialization to be added to Phobos (which I
thought was imminent) and then because I got busy with unrelated
things.

I think that a nice high-level MPI wrapper for D should be
tightly integrated into a serialization library to encapsulate
the low-level details of passing non-trivial data structures
across nodes.  I doubt I'll get around to implementing it when
serialization is added, though, because I'm probably past the
MPI-using stage of my life (my Ph.D. research is basically
finished, I'm just revising my dissertation and preparing to
defend) so I wouldn't get to eat my own dogfood.