Is D Language mature for MMORPG Client ?

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Sat Aug 11 00:07:29 PDT 2012

On Friday, 10 August 2012 at 23:22:03 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 8/10/2012 3:50 PM, Paulo Pinto wrote:
>> If you cared to follow the discussion up to the JPL documents,
>> you
>> would see that the majority of C code is actually generated
>> via Python.
>
> Then I stand corrected.

I think this goes into the philosophical realm, if a language is
still being used if it only serves as target of the generated
code, or if the generator is actually counts as the tool being
used.

JPL could probably change the generator to target another
language, while keeping what might be considered as the source
input files.

--
Paulo