Which D features to emphasize for academic review article

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sat Aug 11 20:30:23 PDT 2012

Andrei Alexandrescu:

> - The language's superior modeling power and level of control
> comes at an increase in complexity compared to languages such
> as e.g. Python. So the statistician would need a larger upfront
> investment in order to reap the associated benefits.

Statistician often use the R language
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R_language ).
Python contains much more "computer science" and CS complexity
compared to R. Not just advanced stuff like coroutines,
metaclasses, decorators, Abstract Base Classes, operator
overloading, and so on, but even simpler things, like generators,
standard library collections like heaps and deques, and so on.
For some statisticians I've seen, even several parts of Python
are too much hard to use or understand. I have rewritten several
of their Python scripts.

Bye,
bearophile