D Shell [was Re: A C++ interpreter]

Matt Soucy msoucy at csh.rit.edu
Mon Aug 13 03:31:40 PDT 2012

On 08/13/2012 04:42 AM, bearophile wrote:
> Russel Winder:
>
>> Shells such as Python, Scala, etc. are good for some one-off experiments
>> and tasks, but I think in general they are over-rated in general
>> usefulness.
>
> To me they seem underrated, go figure :-) In Python I use it all the
> time. Maybe in D it will be a little less useful.
>
> Bye,
> bearophile
Agreed, I use Python's shell often at work - usually when I just need to
test something, but sometimes when someone else asks me for a particular
script that does something that (I feel) is only really good for their
one situation. I use the scripts I have already and just manually write
up a comprehension or five to convert the data into a format that will
be useful for them. It doesn't seem worth the effort to make a whole new
script just for that.
-Matt Soucy