DMD diagnostic - any way to remove identical lines from final dmd error log?

Don Clugston dac at nospam.com
Mon Aug 13 23:59:44 PDT 2012

On 13/08/12 18:47, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> I seriously consider writing a simple postprocessor for dmd's output.
> Once dmd became able to recover from errors and crawl on it started to
> produce horrific amounts of redundant text on failure.
>
> Observe for instance that there are only 6 + 2 = 8 lines of interest:

Spurious or repeated error messages should be considered to be bugs.
Please put test cases in Bugzilla. A long time ago, the compiler used to
spew reams of garbage all the time. Now it rarely happens.

> Other food for thought is to try to indicate explicitly which errors
> are related vs unrelated, which are collateral, like failed template
> instantiation that rolls out the whole path of failure (but one have to
> read the text carefully to get where it starts).

That's already happening. Supplemental messages don't have the word
'Error' at the start of the error message.
There are still cases where