The review of std.hash package

Kagamin spam at here.lot
Wed Aug 15 01:45:34 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, 15 August 2012 at 08:25:51 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky
wrote:
> Brrr. It's how convenience wrapper works :)
>
> And I totally expect this to call the same code and keep the
> same state during the work.
>
> E.g. see std.digest.digest functions digest or hexDigest you
> could call it stateless in the same vane.

Well there was a wish for stateless hash, Walter even posted the
required interface:
auto result = file.byChunk(4096 * 1025).joiner.hash();

I just pointed out, that possibly stateful implementation doesn't
prevent stateless interface. Can one even say that the
implementation is stateful given just a stateless interface?

One can even call reduce stateful because it does keep track of
the result which is or a part of its state.