How feasible to wrap Nvidia Toolkit for CUDA Programming

TJB broughtj at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 15:20:10 PDT 2012

D Masters,

I'm not a hardware guy at all, but I find myself needing to
process a lot of data through some Monte Carlo statistical
algorithms.  I am considering general purpose GPU computing for
this task.  My question is how feasible will it be to wrap the
Nvidia cuBLAS and cuRAND libraries for this purpose?  They are
written in C, so is it pretty straight forward?

I do not have in mind running D code directly on the GPU cores,
but having D call out to C code to do so.  Is it possible?
Feasible?  Are there already codes to do this somewhere?

Thanks for your insights!

TJB