Contribution to the D Programming Language

David d at dav1d.de
Sun Aug 19 10:24:59 PDT 2012

Am 19.08.2012 18:58, schrieb Aayush Goel:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to the Open-Source community, and the D programming language
> got me interested. I would really love to contribute to this language. I
> am a Computer Science Major in my third year, and I have already done a
> course in programming languages. I implemented a simple prolog
> interpreter in SML for the course and I've been hooked onto the idea
> ever since. If only someone could guide me towards a starting point for
> contributors to the community, it would be really awesome.
>
> Thanks,
> Aayush.

The awesome thing about D is, it is still work and progress and you can
actively help improving phobos (std. library), dmd/gdc/ldc/sdc
(compiler) or the druntime. Everything is hosted on https://github.com/

* https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos
* https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd
* https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime

Well the whole D-Programming Organization:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language

Just fork the repo you wanna improve, commit your changes and submit a
pull request! That's it!

But you can also help the community by writing useful libraries which
don't exist yet. Or by writing bindings to C libraries and submitting
them to deimos, https://github.com/D-Programming-Deimos/

Possibilities are endless ... with the D programming language :)

Btw. whenever you have a problem, D has a really awesome community, you
will always find a helping hand, either here (newsgroup d.D.learn) or
e.g. on IRC, irc.freenode.net #D

- david