D language as script through JVM

Thiez thiezz at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 10:58:01 PDT 2012

On Sunday, 19 August 2012 at 09:28:49 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
> Oh, and forgot to mention that structs wouldn't be allocated in
> stack anyway, even with a JVM's implementation for safe D, thus
> breaking language's semantics.

The reference page on structs http://dlang.org/struct.html does
not appear to contain the word 'stack' at all. It seems to me
placing structs on the stack would only be important when
interfacing with C, but I don't think it would matter otherwise;
as long as the destructor is called when the struct goes out of
scope, why should the memory location make any difference?

Language semantics should stick to defining what should happen,
not how it should happen.