Contribution to the D Programming Language

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 20 02:57:10 PDT 2012

On 19 August 2012 18:24, David <d at dav1d.de> wrote:
> Am 19.08.2012 18:58, schrieb Aayush Goel:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am new to the Open-Source community, and the D programming language
>> got me interested. I would really love to contribute to this language. I
>> am a Computer Science Major in my third year, and I have already done a
>> course in programming languages. I implemented a simple prolog
>> interpreter in SML for the course and I've been hooked onto the idea
>> ever since. If only someone could guide me towards a starting point for
>> contributors to the community, it would be really awesome.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Aayush.
>

> The awesome thing about D is, it is still work and progress and you can
> actively help improving phobos (std. library), dmd/gdc/ldc/sdc (compiler) or
> the druntime. Everything is hosted on https://github.com/
>
> * https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos
> * https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd
> * https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime
>
> Well the whole D-Programming Organization:
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language

Three missing links were to the GDC compiler (A GCC based compiler for
the D language frontend implementation written in mixed C++ and
C++-safe C):
 * https://github.com/D-Programming-GDC/GDC

The LDC compiler (A LLVM based compiler for the D language frontend
implementation written in C++):
 * https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc

The SDC compiler (A LLVM based compiler written in D, and now for
something completely different!):
 * https://github.com/bhelyer/SDC

The rest is as already said:

> Just fork the repo you wanna improve, commit your changes and submit a pull
> request! That's it!

Regards
--
Iain Buclaw