D-etractions A real world programmers view on D

Pragma Tix pragmatix at orange.fr
Fri Aug 24 17:48:01 PDT 2012

Am 25.08.2012 02:22, schrieb bearophile:
> Even assuming all the things he has said are true, what do you suggest D
> core developers to do?
> Example: how can D language devevelopers help D programmers better
> refactor D code? Maybe having some built-in refactoring features?
>
> Probably some GC improvements are coming, thanks to Google sponsorship.

First of all --- I have just forwarded a link, 'cause I thought that
this blog contains some interesting insights/views/opinions.

Next. What the core team can do :

GC Improvements.

IDE support. std.lexer

Following the blog you will find a few remarks about missing things in
Phobos.
----

Quote ~
D templates and CTFE + mixins are making me nervous.
~ End quote

Well, than .. I would say C++11 is making me panicking.
But the author did not offer any details. so it's hard to say what
exactly make him worry.
send him some gentle feedback ..