D-etractions A real world programmers view on D

Niklas niklas.volcz at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 07:43:53 PDT 2012

On Friday, 24 August 2012 at 23:58:19 UTC, Pragma Tix wrote:
> ----was Andrew McKinlay is trying D for Suneido.
>
> http://thesoftwarelife.blogspot.fr/2012/08/d-etractions.html
>
> You do not necessarily have to agree with Andrew, but this is a
> pragmatic developer's view.  Let me say that Andrew has created
> his own database system (Relational Algebra based) , his own
> language (Ruby like)  and his own application frame work.
> Finally he is using his Tools to create real world software..
> i.e. Trucking/Transport / Accounting etc.
>
> IMO a voice, D core developers should listen to.
>
> Bjoern

I would say that a modern IDE is what most of todays developers
use today. The D community misses out on a HUGE audience here.
It's already hard to convince a programmer to try out something
new. Starting up a D project isn't something that is done in a
day by a person who is pretty new to programming.

Best regards,
Niklas