D-etractions A real world programmers view on D

Jeff Nowakowski jeff at dilacero.org
Sat Aug 25 12:48:32 PDT 2012

On 08/25/2012 12:23 PM, Timon Gehr wrote:
> On 08/25/2012 03:36 AM, Pragma Tix wrote:
>
> I really don't get what this is about. Are you actually suggesting
> things are as they are because some clueless developers are unaware of
> the issues?

Judging by your first reaction, that is a possibility, where you
completely ignored important issues like garbage collection and the pain
surrounding immutable.

As for the IDE, he mentioned Scala, and there the developers made an
effort to support the IDE in the compiler so that work wouldn't be
duplicated and the IDE would support the latest language release. They
also had funding and hired somebody to work on the Eclipse plugin full time.